- Class Changes / Cancellations – The Brockton Community Schools reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient enrollment and to make changes in instructor’s class schedules due to unforeseen circumstances.
- No Confirmations – The Brockton Community Schools does not send a confirmation of your enrollment. If the course you register for is full, we will notify you with your options.
- Registration Fee – The $10 registration fee (included) is due once per term. This fee is refundable ONLY if the course you enroll in is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
- Senior Citizen Discount – A 20% discount is available to qualifying seniors 60 and over.
- Tuition – Tuition must be paid in full at time of registration. Payment may be made by money order, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or by cash in person.
School Closings and Delayed Openings
Announcements are made locally by AM radio WXBR 1460, by Boston AM radio WBZ 1030, by Boston television channels 4, 5 and 7 and posted on the Brockton Public Schools website and the Community Schools website. Weather related EARLY DISMISSAL announcements are made by WXBR AM 1460 and posted on the Brockton Public Schools website and the Community Schools website.
Brockton Community Schools follows the school closing announcements of the Brockton Public Schools. If a program is cancelled or rescheduled we will post such information on our website and notify you be email, if one is provided.
If a teacher cancels a class, you will be notified by email or telephone by the instructor or the Community Schools office.
Withdrawl / Refund Policy for Adult Enrichment Courses
If you withdraw from a course at least one week before the start date, you will receive a full tuition refund minus a $10 processing fee. If we cancel a course or if a course is filled when we receive your payment, you will be given a full refund.
If you withdraw less than one week in advance you will be given a course voucher based on the prorated schedule below. Note: The course voucher schedule applies only to courses that meet four or more times.
- Withdrawal within one-week before class starts: Full course voucher minus a $10 processing fee.
- Withdrawal after a class has started, but before the 2nd class meeting: Course voucher for 75% of course fee minus a $10 processing fee.
- Withdrawal after a class has started, but before the 3rd class meeting: Course voucher for 50% of the course fee minus a $10 processing fee.
- No course voucher will be given after the 3rd class.
PLEASE NOTE: Students under the age of 18 may not enroll in any continuing education course.